I came in this morning only to be greeted by my web client telling me that I can’t login because it can’t create SAML 2.0. I am not sure that I really want it creating SAML 2.0….I don’t know SAML 1.0. Ok, bad joke. Here was the message…
I found KB2034798 at which point I remoted into my SSO server and checked the imsTrace.log for “NetUserGetLocalGroups”. I didn’t find it…so the KB didn’t apply to me…L
After some more googling I found this blog post that indicated that references KB2043070. The idea is that there is a local identity source within SSO that it is trying to authenticate the users to. You have to login with the admin@system-domain account and password. Hopefully you saved this when setting up your SSO server. The only problem I had was that I didn’t have this local identity source to remove.
I thought to myself, that there might be a stale identity source on the list that it is authenticating to. I was talking to a coworker and they mentioned that there was a domain that was deleted the day before. AHAH!! I clicked on the identity source of the domain that had been removed and then clicked “Test Connection”. There was an error that didn’t tell me much.
I cancelled out and was back at my list of identity sources. I selected the identity source that had been removed from AD and I hit the red X, “Delete Identity Source”. You will get a prompt asking for you to confirm. One thing to note is that the identity source that I deleted was not one of the default domains at the bottom. If you haven’t set a default domain up, I would do that now. I am wondering if there might be a bug that uses the identity source at the top of the list instead of the default at the bottom. After deleting the state Identity Source I was able to login again.